Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Grandma's Funeral

My grandma Sorenson passed away on Easter Sunday after years of alzheimer's. Physically she was healthy up until the last few months when she broke her back, but that wasn't what stopped her. As soon as her back was to where she was able to get out of bed on her own she fell one morning putting on her makeup (my grandma loved to look pretty). This time she broke her hip and was only able to walk once, that was when her alzheimer's kicked in and she forgot she couldn't walk:). She had a really hard time with her broken hip, but when she was able to get out of the hospital and into a rest home she was right back to the happy grandma we all knew. She was happy, but her alzheimer's quickly got worst and she started running fevers.
Being Easter morning the spirit of the resurrection was with me much stronger this year.
In the chapel during the viewing waiting for the funeral to start.
These a couple of cousin: Savannah, MaKayla, and Lydia

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. It's always hard to lose your love ones. Thank goodness for the gospel though. I don't know how you'd face death without hope of something after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know how you'd face death without the gospel either. My friends Grandma just passwed away as well and he's on his mission. He was able to call her to say goodbye, but I think that would be really hard. They were very close. I'm sorry about your grandma too. It's nice to know there's more to come.

    ReplyDelete