Monday, July 21, 2008

Incentive Charts

My friend Claire showed me here new incentive chart for her little Anna and it was darling, she had princess' and crowns on it. She said it was working well with her, so I decided to make charts for my boys. She let me use her Cricut to cut out the dinosaurs, thanks Claire. Well, it's been working great. Carson just loves to play with the buttons, but Landon gets a button every time he goes potty and is dry, and when he helps out picking up his toys, eats dinner, is good at the store, or when he stays in bed he gets a button in the morning.
Really, he's most excited for what he gets when his button chart is full. This time he's working toward painting. These are the cards they get to chose between for their prizes. We've been using the button charts for about a week and they seem to help Landon mostly with his potty training. I hope it continues because everything new seems to help with his potty training for the first while, and then they wear off. We'll see what happens this time. It's been almost a year of potty training so my fingers are crossed.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea!! I need something like that, but I don't know if Maryn is ready or would understand it now. I noticed that one of Landon's things that he is working on is being good at the store. That is one of Maryn's biggest problems and it's driving me crazy. What have you done that works?
    Eric told me that Richard is looking at a job down here...we think it's a great idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea. I loved charts like this when I was little, hope it continues to work out!

    ReplyDelete